BENWICK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Our school is maintained by Cambridgeshire County Council and is a co-educational day school for primary age pupils.
Reception is the first year of full-time school. A short induction programme enables children to become familiar with their teacher and learning environment, before coming full time to education. This can vary depending upon the needs of the child.
Children are able to join our school at any time throughout the school year. We welcome families new to the area and from this country and abroad.
A relevant member of staff is always delighted to show prospective parents / carers around. Please telephone or call in at the office to make an appointment
Cambridgeshire Office for Children and Young People’s Services (LA) is responsible for setting the admissions policy and criteria for this school. Parents wishing to apply for a place for their child at Benwick School should contact the school admissions office – 0345 0451370. For September admissions parents will be informed some time in April whether a place is available for their child.
Places will be allocated on the basis of the Published Admission Number (PAN) for the year group and the admissions criteria set by the LA. In the event of over-subscription, the following criteria will be used to determine priority for places:
- Those children with a Statement of Special Education Needs that does not name the school will be referred to Student Assessment to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in Care, also known as ‘Looked After Children’ (LAC)
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who are unable to a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set or criteria, priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
Parents seeking places in other year groups can apply via the admissions office at any time. If there is a place it will be offered. If the year group is full, the child will be placed on a reserve list and the parents will be offered the right of appeal.
Further information about admissions can be found in the LA primary admissions booklet for parents.