Welcome to Doves Class!
In September Miss Norris will be your teacher and Mrs Few and Mrs Hart will be your teaching assistants.
Doves will be the home of some Year 1 children and all Year 2 children.
Class Teaching Assistant
Tips for reading at home:
- Read for 10 minutes each night with your child.
- Discuss the illustrations on the cover/ pages. What do they think is happening?
- Predict what may happen in the story/ on the next page.
- Talk about who the characters in the story are, and where it is set.
- Ask your child how they think a character is feeling at various points in the story.
- Recap what happened in the book; can your child sequence the events?
- Discuss whether your child enjoyed the story or not, and why.
- Be guided by your child’s interests- read quality texts from home/ the library as well as school books.
- Become an explorer- read fact, fiction, rhymes, poems, picture books.
- Most important, read to your child; it really does make the world of difference.