Free School Meals
All pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for free school meals (FSMs). This will include academies, free schools, pupil referral units and alternative provision as well as maintained schools.
In England, children at key stages 2-4 in state-funded schools are entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
The cost of a school dinner for Year 3 to 6 is £2.35, a total of £11.75 per week.
Dinner money should always be up to date and paid before a meal is ordered.
Please note we have now changed over to an online dinner money system - which enables you to keep a check on your children's account. A link to 'Simspay' will be sent to your valid email address on your child's data collection sheet.
The benefits of using SIMS Pay include:
- the ability to make safe and secure online payments at any time of the day.
- the ability to make payments in person via PayPoint and Post Office counters.
- the ability to make payments via debit or credit card.
- the ability to pre-pay for school meals.
- the ability to identify when payments are due and whether sufficient funds are available.
- the ability to receive email notifications when a balance falls below a set amount.
- the ability to view current balances and a payment history.
As we change over to the new system please ensure we have your most up-to-date information.
In the meantime cash should be sent in and cheques should be made payable to Benwick Primary School.