Suggested Home Learning:
2 x 30 minutes of reading per day – children should read aloud.
Y6 Have SATs books to work through, a few pages of each one per day. Children may wish to initially focus on areas of weakness. Included in their packs are two revision guides - Maths and English. They should use these to help them revise.
Daily x table rockstars (xtables learning – Year 5 and 6 should be able to recall multiplication and division facts up to 12 x 12).
Spellings – Weekly spellings for Year 5 will be listed on this class Learning Page. Year 6 have the year 3/4 and 5/6 word lists included in their home packs. They should practise groups of these words every day. Children should practise spellings by writing them out and then using them in creative sentences. Children should also use their spelling activity pack (attached to this page) to practise spellings.
Maths grid - Children in Year 5 should complete one maths activity per day.
Creative writing - One creative writing piece to be created over each week – this will be listed on this page with instructions.
Daily Calculations – Daily calculations that the children are used to will appear on this page. The children should complete one day at a time, then check with the answers, spotting where and why they went wrong if they did.
Project work - Each afternoon, undertake one of the recommended project tasks from the project menu.
We have put lots of links to additional learning websites on this page.
- Spelling activity booklet.pdf
- Word of the Day.pdf
- Project menu.pdf
- Home Learning Stay Active.pdf
- Joe Wicks - PE sessions
- David Walliams daily audio book
- Reading journal activities .pdf
- Fun Home Learning Activities.pdf
- Accelerated Reader library
- Audible free stories
- Yumu Music
- Daily Calculations Day 1.pdf
- Daily Calculations Day 2.pdf
- Daily Calculations Day 3.pdf
- Daily Calculations Day 4.pdf
- Daily Calculations Day 5.pdf
- Maths grid - Year 5.pdf
- The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman
- White Rose lessons - Year 5
- White Rose lessons - Year 6