Tips for reading at home:
* Read for 10 minutes each night with your child.
* Discuss the illustrations on the cover/ pages. What do they think is happening?
* Predict what may happen in the story/ on the next page.
* Talk about who the characters in the story are, and where it is set.
* Ask your child how they think a character is feeling at various points in the story.
* Recap what happened in the book; can your child sequence the events?
* Discuss whether your child enjoyed the story or not, and why.
* Be guided by your child’s interests- read quality texts from home/ the library as well as school books.
* Become an explorer- read fact, fiction, rhymes, poems, picture books.
* Most important, read to your child; it really does make the world of difference.
Please make sure children have their named PE kit in school all week – this should be a white t-shirt and black shorts/leggings, with tracksuit bottoms in cooler weather and trainers.
Football strips and multi-coloured t-shirts and shorts are not allowed, thank you.