Welcome to Doves Class!
Miss Wakefield is the class teacher on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and on a Thursday and Friday it is Mrs Piper. Our teaching assistants are Mr Pedder and Mrs Hay. Doves is a mixed Year 2 & 3 class.
We also have an exciting summer homework menu for you to join in with! The theme for this term is all about the local area, entitles 'Fabulous Fenland'. Please see the link below to access the menu.
Will you be a homework hero?
Tips for reading at home:
- Read for 10 minutes each night with your child.
- Discuss the illustrations on the cover/ pages. What do they think is happening?
- Predict what may happen in the story/ on the next page.
- Talk about who the characters in the story are, and where it is set.
- Ask your child how they think a character is feeling at various points in the story.
- Recap what happened in the book; can your child sequence the events?
- Discuss whether your child enjoyed the story or not, and why.
- Be guided by your child’s interests- read quality texts from home/ the library as well as school books.
- Become an explorer- read fact, fiction, rhymes, poems, picture books.
- Most important, read to your child; it really does make the world of difference.
Tuesday - Outdoor adventures
Friday - Athletics
Please make sure your child has both an indoor and outdoor PE kit, which is clearly labelled.
A change of footwear may still be needed especially when it is wet as it can be muddy.
With the warmer weather coming, please ensure that your child has a sun hat and has sun cream applied. Please note that staff are not permitted to apply sun cream so please teach your child how to do this for themselves.
A labelled water bottle is also essential.